Ali Emre Pusane
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, May 2008.
- Advisor: Daniel J. Costello, Jr.
- MSc in Applied Mathematics, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, May 2006.
- Advisor: Joachim Rosenthal
- MSc in Electrical Engineering, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, May 2004.
- Advisor: Daniel J. Costello, Jr.
- MSc in Electronics and Communications Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey, June 2002.
- Advisor: Umit Aygolu
- BSc in Electronics and Communications Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey, June 1999.
My research is in the area of digital communications with special emphasis on coding theory and coded modulation. I was affiliated with the Coding Research Group during my time at Notre Dame and I am currently affiliated with the Wireless Communications Laboratory at Bogazici. Recent projects include the development and analysis of LDPC convolutional coding techniques for reliable communication at rates near channel capacity.
- "Modelling diffusion in vessel-like environments for molecular communication and healthcare applications," TUBITAK-NRF Research Grant, 2017-2019.
- "Wireless security in cyber physical systems," TUBITAK-BMBF Research Grant, 2017-2020.
- "Design and analysis of communication systems with high error correction capability through optimization," TUBITAK Research Grant, 2013-2016.
- "Design of low-complexity spatially-coupled channel coding systems," TUBITAK Career Grant, 2012-2014.
- "Advanced coding techniques for mitigating error floors," European Union - FP7 Marie Curie International Reintegration Grant, 2010-2014.
- "On the design of polar coded communication systems with high error performance," Bogazici University Research Fund Grant, 2011-2012.
- Bayram Cevdet Akdeniz (Ph.D.)
- Reza Ashrafi (Ph.D.)
- Yağmur Sabucu (Ph.D.)
- Abdullah Sarıduman (Ph.D.)
- Görkem Ülkar (Ph.D.)
- Utku Yavuz (M.Sc.)
- Adam Mwatima (M.Sc.)
- Can Gürsoy (M.Sc.)
- Burcu Tepekule (M.Sc., 2015, currently a Ph.D. student at ETH Zurich)
- Giray Kömürcü (Ph.D., co-advised with Günhan Dündar, 2014)
- Abdullah Sarıduman (M.Sc., co-advised with Caner Taşkın, 2013)
- Reza Ashrafi (M.Sc., 2012)
- Berksan Şerbetçi (M.Sc., 2012, currently a Ph.D. student at the University of Twente)
- EE 201 Electrical Circuits I (Spring 2011, Spring 2014, Spring 2015)
- EE 210 Introduction to Electrical Engineering (Spring 2010, Fall 2013)
- EE 242 Numerical Methods for EE (Spring 2011, Spring 2012, Spring 2013)
- EE 313 Probability for Electrical Engineers (Fall 2012, Fall 2013, Fall 2014, Fall 2015)
- EE 477 Introduction to Digital Communications (Fall 2010, Fall 2011, Fall 2012)
- EE 479 Communication Laboratory (Fall 2009, Fall 2010, Fall 2011, Fall 2012)
- EE 644 Error Control Coding (Spring 2010, Spring 2012)
- Independent Expert and Rapporteur for European Union Seventh Framework and Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions.
- Associate Editor for the International Journal of Information and Coding Theory (IJICoT), Interscience, U.K., 2011-2014.
- Reviewer for
- AEU International Journal of Electronics and Communications
- Annals of Telecommunications
- China Communications
- Computers and Electrical Engineering Journal
- Computer Networks
- ETRI Journal
- EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking
- IEEE Communications Letters
- IEEE Communications Magazine
- IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications
- IEEE Signal Processing Letters
- IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I
- IEEE Transactions on Communications
- IEEE Transactions on Information Theory
- IEEE Transactions on Molecular, Biological, and Multi-Scale Communications
- IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
- IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
- IET Communications
- International Journal of Communication Systems
- SAIEE Africa Research Journal
- Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences
- Reviewer for
- IEEE GLOBECOM
- IEEE Information Theory Workshop
- IEEE International Conference on Communications
- IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems
- IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory
- IEEE Military Communications Conference
- IEEE Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications Symposium
- IEEE Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference
- IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference
- IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference
- International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- International Conference on Signal Processing and Communications
- International Symposium on Turbo Codes & Related Topics
- International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference
- Technical Program Committee (TPC) Member for
- IEEE Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- IEEE Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC) Symposium (2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Honors & Awards
- Excellence in Teaching Award, School of Engineering, Boğaziçi University, 2010-2015.
- Graduate Fellowship, Center for Applied Mathematics, University of Notre Dame, Summer 2004 and 2006-2007.
- Werner von Siemens Excellence Award, Istanbul Technical University, 2002.
- Best Student Paper Award, 10th IEEE Signal Processing and Communication Applications Conference, 2002.